Communication Logor Communications Register, helps you to track all of your communications activities within your project.
It is important that you track your communications activities so that you have a formal record for auditing purposes. It also enables you to get feedback and to improve your communications processes.
Using this communication log, you can keep a record of each communications event, whether it's a project team meeting, project status report or board meeting held with your sponsors.
By using this communication log, you can record the:
- Current status of all communications events within your project
- Details of the events held and the feedback gained afterwards
- Date, name and approver of each communications event
- Type of event held and the key messages given
This communication log will help you to:
- Communicate with your project team and stakeholders
- Ensure that your Communications Plan is properly implemented
- Distribute the right information to the right people at the right time
- Keep all stakeholders properly informed
If you log each of the communications events in your Communications Register, then you'll be able to ensure that your planned communications events actually take place as scheduled. This will help you keep your stakeholders informed of the projects progress and to focus your team on meeting the objectives set.